Webinars: Creating Disability Inclusive Workplaces”
GLADNET invites people to register for the first webinar in its 2014 online series " Advancing Opportunies for Peope with Disabilities: Workplace Policy and Practices to Improve Employment Outcomes for People with Disabilities.
May 12, 2014 (8:00 AM EDT US, 12:00 GMT)
Presenters: Susanne Bruyere, Ph.D., Cornell University, Judy Young, M.A., Cornell University
The low labor force participation rate of people with disabilities and the charges of employment disability discrimination evident in many countries suggest that much still needs to be done to create more disability inclusive workplaces. This webinar will identify, from related current Cornell University research, employer best practices that signal to those looking for employment that employment settings are “disability friendly” to encourage applicants with disabilities. Ways to better assure equitable advancement and meaningful inclusion in the workplace will also be discussed, including ways to minimize stereotyping, exclusion, and the micro aggressions that can contribute to a worker’s sense of being devalued and marginalized in a workplace.
Participants will learn:
· What current data tell us about areas where individuals with disabilities perceive the occurrence
of workplace exclusion;
· Ways to measure workplace inclusion;
· Workplace policies that contribute to a disability inclusive-inclusive environment;
· The critical role supervisors play in creating a disability inclusive environment; and
· Implications for employment and disability researchers, services providers, and employers.
Current GLADNET members:
• Log in to the GLADNET website at https://www.gladnet.org/secure/m-login.cfm.
• Enter your User Name and Password and click ‘Submit.’
• Click on the registration link ‘Click here to Register’ for the relevant webinar and complete the registration form.
• Go to https://www.gladnet.org/webinar_reg.cfm to complete the registration form and select a payment method.
To become a GLADNET member: GLADNET webinars are free to members. If you or your organization wishes to subscribe to become a GLADNET member and benefit from free access to online webinars, use the following link to pay your membership fee prior to registering for the webinar series: http://www.gladnet.org/member_app.cfm.
If you have difficulty logging into the GLADNET website or with registration, please email email@example.com for assistance.