Disability Studies in the Netherlands will demonstrably contribute to:
- A good quality of life for people with disabilities, under their own direction and with opportunities to shape their own lives;
- Appropriate participation of people with disabilities, with talents, skills and experiential knowledge optimally used;
- An inclusive and welcoming society;
- A research and development tradition in which people with disabilities (and / or their organizations) are highly involved in various roles;
- All activities according to the principle: "Nothing about us, without us".